Sunday, May 18, 2008

Story of the Yellow Dress

Here is a store window I did..I just found the picture in my studio...
I remember getting lost
in a clothing rack of dresses at Two Guys when I was a kid..
that inspired me to make this installation....
I made a film that played on a loop and the dress slowly spinned...
Over the top of the dress was a painted heart I made in dedication to my sister..it was inspired by a line from a Jane Siberry song.. about
a yellow dress...My paintings were shown at the bottom of the window...
I was interviewed by NPR that day.. I'm returning to the heart now..
and casting and painting them....


Here is my first Stuart Weitzman Window in Boston..
All of the shoe sculptures sold...

And my latest picture book called
"Lemon Sidewalk"...I saw a cake bearing that name at a chinese buffet...
I knew one day I would use it for a title....
-Wendy

No comments: